- Applicants must read our guidelines and enter their profile THROUGH OUR ONLINE FORM before the deadline.
- Participants will be selected by juries of film producers and specialists in the film industry in Japan.
1. Online Entry (profile)
Entry form is in our official website.
Please fill out entry form fully and correctly.
※Are you an eligible person? Please read “ELIGIBILITY” before you apply.
2. Receive email from KFL
Kyoto Filmmakers Lab will send you a REGISTRATION NUMBER. Please check our email.
NOTICE OF RESULTS
Kyoto Filmmakers Lab will send email invitations to successful applicants at the beginning of October (TBD).
Each online application form will be available from July 21 to September 23, 2021.
※Applicants must submit profile by September 23, 2021 at 23:59 JST through our form.
- Applicants are only accepted through our official online form, NOT private email.
Entry form https://www.kyotofilmmakerslab.com/online-application/masters-session/
- Please fill out the application form fully and correctly, in English or Japanese. Take special care to include your email address.
- Please respect our character limits. Exceeding the limit may be disadvantageous to you during the selection process.
- We will send you a registration number after we have received your application. Note that Hotmail email accounts may not receive our automatic reply. We recommend using a different email service (but not a cell phone address). If you plan to use a Hotmail address, please inform us of the situation after your entry.
※ Please set your email account to be able to receive email from KFL@bunpaku.or.jp
- You can only send the entry form to KFL once. We don’t accept any replacements or revisions.
- Anyone who has professional experience in the film, video game, or animation industry, OR has made a short film, OR has experience that involved in filmmaking. Examples: Filmmaker, Director, DP, Production Manager, Producer, Grip/Electrics, Sound Operator, Music Composer, Editor, Production Designer, Art Director, Set Decorator, Makeup, Special Effects, Visual Effects, Costume, Scenario Writer, Actor/Actress, Game Designer, Game Creator, Game Programmer, Sound Creator, Graphic Designer, Animator, Character Designer, etc. Also, students are welcome.
- We accept applicants of any nationality. However, the people who lives out of Japan can NOT participate in whole Masters Session program held in Kyoto, Japan. But who lives out of Japan can apply to Masters Session Online Program this year.
- Japanese communication ability is preferable. Furthermore, participants need to introduce yourself in English during KFL program.
- We do NOT accept team/group applications.
- The participants who lives in Japan must be able to attend all THREE days programs Kyoto, Japan from November 5 to November 7, 2021. The participants who lives out of Japan must be able to attend Masters Session Online Program through internet.
- Those who participated in Hands-on “JIDAIGEKI” in the past can apply to the Masters Session. However, you can’t apply if you have participated in a Masters Session in the past.
CAUTIONS AFTER YOU APPLIED
- Kyoto Filmmakers Lab will send email invitations to successful applicants at the beginning of October.
- The participants who lives in Japan need to arrange your stay during KFL program by yourself. Partial stay expenses (Max 7,000 Japanese yen) will be provided to participants, during the KFL program. We can NOT under any circumstances provide it before the KFL and we also can NOT provide the expenses to the participants who lives in Kyoto-city, come to KFL program from your home, parent’s home, and friend’s home etc. We will provide the partial expenses the last day of KFL in exchange for your receipt.
- Participation is free. However, participants who lives in Japan must pay for their own meals or transportation fee et cetera during the KFL.
- We will send automatic reply mail instead of completion of acceptance. After you receive it, we request you to wait until the examination result find out. We definitely email you the results. Please understand that we will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the progress of entries and the timing of announcement of results after submitting your application.
COVID-19 INFECTION DISEASE CONTROL MEASURES
We place the highest priority on the safety of participants and staff. We will take measures in accordance with various guidelines in holding KFL programs.
- Motion Picture Producers Association of Japan, Inc. http://www.eiren.org/img/guideline_covid19_200709.pdf (It provides in Japanese only)
- Japanese Association of Museums https://www.j-muse.or.jp/02program/pdf/200918setgaid3.pdf (It provides in Japanese only)
KYOTO FILMMAKERS LAB AGREEMENT
- Participants hereby agree that their photographs and data may be published on our website and in the reports of Kyoto Filmmakers Lab.
- Participants also agree that their profile submitted to Kyoto Filmmakers Lab will be published on our websites as a catalog for alumni
- To avoid any doubt, this agreement shall be governed by and construed under the laws of Japan.
The Kyoto Filmmakers Lab respects each person’s right to privacy. We do NOT sell or distribute personal information for commercial purposes. Your application data will be treated confidentially. Only the staff of Kyoto Filmmakers Lab has access to your application data.
The Museum of Kyoto
Curator: Kiyotaka Moriwaki, Atsuko Oya
Sanjo Takakura Agaru Nakagyo-ku Kyoto 6048183 Japan
tel +22.214.171.12493 fax +81.75.222.0889