- The applicants must read our guidelines and 1) Entry your profile, 2) Submit your work sample THROUGH OUR ONLINE FORM before the dead line.
- Participants will be selected by juries of film producers and specialists of film industry in Japan.
1. Online Entry (profile)
Entry form is in our official website.
Please fill out entry form fully and correctly.
※Are you an eligible person? Please read “ELIGIBILITY” before you apply.
2. Receive email from KFL
Kyoto Filmmakers Lab will send you a REGISTRATION NUMBER and Work Sample Submitting Form URL for your work sample by e-mail.
3. Upload your work sample to Video Sharing Site
※We recommend Vimeo or Youtube.
※Please be sure to be able to be downloaded your work sample.
※The volume must be less than 700MB and type of data must be Mpeg4.
※Please make the work sample viewable until September 30th.
4. Submitting a Work Sample through Our Online Form
Please send us your URL and more information of your work sample through our Work Sample Submitting Form soon after you receive your registration number.
※Please read “WORK SAMPLE SUBMISSION REGULATIONS” carefully!
NOTICE OF RESULTES
Kyoto Filmmakers Lab will send email invitations to successful applicants at the end of September (TBD).
Each online application form will open from May 31 until August 20, 2019.
※But every applicants also need to submit a work sample before August 20, 23:59 JST through our form.
- The application is only available our official online form NOT private email. Entry Form http://www.kyotofilmmakerslab.com/online-application/hands-on-jidaigeki/
- You need two steps for application. If you don’t submit your work sample, the application will be invalid.
- You can send each entry form to KFL only once.
- Please fill out the application form fully and correctly in English or Japanese. Especially don’t miss your e-mail address.
- KEEP our limit of number of characters/letters.*In case of exceeding the limit of number for characters/letters, it may be disadvantageous at the selection.
- We will send you a registration number and Work Sample Submitting Form URL for your work sample by e-mail after we have received your profile entry. If you plan to entry with hotmail address, it will happen to not to receive our automatic mail reply from our office. Therefore applicants who have another email address, we reccommend to use another one(*but it can’t use the cell phone address). If you plan to entry with hotmail address, please tell us the situation after your entry.
※ Please set your PC or mobiles to be able to receive our e-mail from firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please upload your work sample on the video sharing site with a password. Send us the URL, password, registration number, name, email address and information about the contents through our Work Sample Submitting Form. ※ We recommend Vimeo or Youtube.
- If you are not selected in choose Hands-on JIDAIGEKI, you can apply to Masters Session automatically. Therefore you don’t need to separately apply to Masters Session after you apply to Hands on JIDAIGEKI.
- You have professional experience in the film, videogame or animation industries, OR you have made a short film, OR You are a film school/program graduate or graduate student.
- We accept applicants of any nationality.
- English communication ability is preferable.
- We do NOT accept team/group applications.
- You must be able to attend all 7 days of the program, from October 27th to November 2rd, 2018 (training camp/retreat–style Workshop).
- You must use the group lodgings and stay together the group members throughout the workshop.*We don’t allow you to attend from friend’s house or hotel during the KFL program.
- Those who have attended “Hands-on JIDAIGEKI” in the past are not eligible to apply. (If you have experience of only participating in Masters Session in the past, you can apply to Hands-on JIDAIGEKI.)
- Actors and Actress can’t apply to Hands on JIDAIGEKI. You can only apply to Masters Session this year.
※ Masters Session Program is the lecture program in Kyoto Filmmakers Lab. Please check the details on our website.
WORK SAMPLE SUBMISSION REGULATIONS
- Your work sample must have been completed after January 1, 2015.
- Your work sample must be either a short film or an abridged version of your work, less than THREE MINUTES in length and in English or with English subtitles. (We will NOT accept any work samples longer than THREE MINUTES.)
- The volume of your work sample must be less than 700MB.
- The file format of your work sample must be Mpeg4.
- The work sample needs English subtitles if it is not in Japanese.
- Please be sure to be able to be downloaded your work sample and be sure to add a password on your work sample when you upload to the video sharing site.
- After you complete entry your profile and obtain your registration number and Work Sample Submitting Form URL for work sample from KFL office, you must submit your work sample with URL, password, registration number, name, email address, title and your role through our online application form.
- Applicants are only allowed ONE work sample per entry.
- We don’t determine any themes or styles. You can submit anything that you think is worth showing. If you submit digest version of your past works, you need to clear to each title and your role in your work sample.
- Please make the work sample viewable until September 30th.
- We don’t accept any application by team/group
- Your work sample also needs to submit until August 20th, 23:59 JST through our form.
- We don’t accept any files of work sample or profile through email.
- The work sample should be submitted by Work Sample Submitting Form but if you worried about security or have some reasons, you can send DVD. Please contact us before you send DVD because of the regulations.
- Replacement or Resubmitting is not allowed.
- Kyoto Filmmakers Lab will send email invitations to successful applicants at the beginning of September.
- Partial travel expenses (60,000 JP yen) will be provided to participants who lives outside of Japan. We provide it during KFL program. Under any circumstances, we do NOT provide it before the period of KFL.
- We are unable to issue VISA documents. Please see the list of countries (MOFA website) that have a visa exemption agreement with Japan before you apply. We apologize for any inconvenience.
KYOTO FILMMAKERS LAB AGREEMENT
- The work sample copyright belongs to each applicant.
- We do NOT take responsibility for a work sample without copyright management.
- Participants hereby agree that his/her photographs and data may be published on our website and in the reports of Kyoto Filmmakers Lab 2019.
- Participants also agree that his/her profile submitted to Kyoto Filmmakers Lab 2019 will be published on our websites as a catalog for alumni.
- Participants agree that his/her work sample submitted to Kyoto Filmmakers Lab 2019 may be shown publicly at Kyoto Filmmakers Lab 2019.
- To avoid any doubt, this agreement shall be governed by and construed under the laws of Japan.
- Participation Fee is free. We can also cover the accommodation fee but participants need meal fee and transportation fee during the KFL.
The Kyoto Filmmakers Lab respects each person’s right to privacy. We do NOT sell or distribute personal information or your work sample for commercial purposes. Your application data and your work sample will be treated confidentially. Only the staff of Kyoto Filmmakers Lab has access to your application data.
The Museum of Kyoto
Chief Curator: Kiyotaka Moriwaki
Curator: Atsuko Oya
Sanjo Takakura Agaru Nakagyo-ku Kyoto 6048183 Japan
tel +184.108.40.20693 fax +81.75.222.0889